Lighter Chicken Parm Sandwiches
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 (6-inch) slices French bread (or sandwich rolls), halved lengthwise
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2teaspoons salt-free Italian seasoning
- 3/4cup jarred tomato sauce (like Ragu), warmed
- 3/4cup cup lightly packed baby spinach (about 1 oz)
- 4slices part-skim mozzarella (4 oz)
- Preheat broiler to high. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil and mist one with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove and discard some of soft centers of baguette slices. Lay them cut side-up on the ungreased baking sheet. Broil until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Slice chicken breasts horizontally to make 8 thinner pieces. Pat chicken dry and place on greased baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and half of Italian seasoning on both sides.
- Broil 5 minutes, until chicken is golden. Turn chicken and broil 4 minutes longer, until browned. Let cool slightly; slice thinly against the grain.
- Spoon tomato sauce over toasted baguette slices. Layer with spinach and sliced chicken. Top with sliced cheese, covering sandwich evenly. Broil about 3 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and browned. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 370
- Fat 11
- Cholesterol 80
- Sodium 710
- Carbohydrate 29
- Fiber 3
- Protein 37