Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Yield: 12 servings
I like to use mini loaf pans because it makes the kids feel like they are having breakfast in their “size.” I admit I could eat one of these in just one sitting!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3large eggs
- 1cup maple syrup
- 1/2cup oil
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2cups grated zucchini
- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 3 mini loaf pans with oil.
- Whisk eggs in medium size bowl then add maple syrup, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir in grated lemon rind, lemon juice and zucchini.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Divide batter evenly among the pans, and bake 35 minutes. Test with sharp knife and make sure it comes out clean. Let cool in baking pans at least 20 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. This ensures that the bottoms don’t stick to the pans.
Note: These mini loaves freeze well and make great gifts for teachers. You can also make this recipe in one large loaf pan but bake it for at least 50 minutes.