Korean Grilled Beef
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2cup rice vinegar
- 1/2cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4cup finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1tablespoon sriracha chili paste
- 2pounds rib-eye or flank steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1teaspoon coarse salt
- 1teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare marinade, combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
- To prepare beef, combine 1 cup marinade and beef in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag and knead, rubbing marinade into beef. Refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
Heat grill. Remove beef from marinade and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When grill is ready, place beef on grill rack. Cook 3 to 4 minutes total, until desired doneness is reached. Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain. If cooking to use later, don’t slice. Let cool, wrap tightly and refrigerate.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 250
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 780mg
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 27g