Kale and Quinoa Salad with Cranberries
- Yield: 2 to 4 servings
- 1cup quinoa
- 1bunch kale
- 1cup sunflower seeds
- 1cup dried cranberries
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1/3cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3cup apple cider vinegar
- Soak quinoa overnight and drain in morning. Boil 2 cups of water and add quinoa. Bring to simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, remove leaves of kale from stem and rip into tiny pieces. Note: It is very important that kale is torn into bite-sized pieces and massaged thoroughly; otherwise raw kale can be difficult to chew.
- Put kale at bottom of a bowl and pour hot quinoa directly on top to slightly wilt leaves. Add cranberries and sunflower seeds and mix together.
- Zest one orange and lemon, then combine with juice of both oranges, juice of lemon, honey, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. Mix together and pour over quinoa dish.
From the book The Non-GMO Cookbook: Recipes and Advice for a Non-GMO Lifestyle by Megan Westgate & Courtney Pineau. Reprinted by arrangement with Skyhorse Publishing.