Italian Cheese Triangles
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2tablespoons butter or margerine
- 5 large white mushrooms finely chopped
- 3 green onion
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2ounces sliced prosciutto, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9 inch-square baking pan with aluminum foil, letting the foil extend 2 inches over the side of pan. Lightly grease the foil.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms and green onions. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender and all cooking liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes. Set mixture aside to cool.
- Combine eggs, cheese and prosciutto in a large bowl; stir in mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Spread mixture in a prepared pan; smooth surface. Bake until set and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack ; cool for 10 mins.
- Remove baked mixture from pan using the foil overhangs as handles. Remove foil ; transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 9 inch squares, using a pizza cutter, or sharp knife. Cut each square diagonally to make triangles.
Tip: Give triangles extra crispy texture and even more cheese flavor by sprinkling a little shredded Parmesan cheese and a dash of paprika on top befor baking
Tip: Change the flavor, with any shredded cheese, Mexican blend, fresh cilantro. 🙂