Kentucky Hot Brown Mac and Cheese
- Yield: 3 servings
- 3ounces unsalted butter
- 3ounces flour
- 1/2cup white wine
- 2cups half and half
- 1/2cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2cups cooked macaroni
- 2ounces roasted turkey, torn into rough pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- freshly grated cheddar jack cheese
- 6slices tomato
- 6slices cooked bacon
- Additional Parmesan, to garnish
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until mixture has thickened, stirring to remove any lumps.
- Add wine and half-and-half, whisking until mixture is smooth. Reduce heat to low and whisk in Parmesan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine macaroni and turkey. Gently mix in cheese sauce.
- Divide mixture between 3 ramekins and top with cheddar jack cheese. Bake at 400F for 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is bubbly.
- Garnish with tomato slices, bacon and additional grated Parmesan.