Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups
- Yield: 9-12 pieces
Be sure not to overcook the zucchini, or it will get too watery.
- 3ounces chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 zucchini (about 1/2 pound each), sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices (discard the 2 end slices)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- Carrot sticks (about 1/4 inch thinking 2 inches long)
- English cucumber sticks (about 1/4 inch thick and 2 inches long)
1. Heat grill to high.
2. Heat cream cheese in microwave until softened, about 15 seconds.
3. Brush both sides of zucchini slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill about 3 minutes, until grill marks begin to form. Flip and cook the other side about 3 minutes. Remove to a paper-towel lined baking sheet and blot tops with paper towels.
4. Spread about 1 tsp cream cheese mixture down the length of the zucchini and top with a few carrot and cucumber sticks. Roll up zucchini.
5. Stand upright on a platter. Refrigerate 30 minutes.