Grilled Tuscan Vegetables with Angel Hair Pasta
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 1medium zucchini, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 yellow squash, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1small eggplant, unpeeled, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4cup chopped fresh basil
- Cracked peppercorns, to taste
- 1 (32-ounce) jar marinara sauce, heated
- 1pound angel hair or your favorite pasta, cooked al dente
- 1/4cup shredded parmesan cheese, optional
- Place the peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant and onions in a large zip-seal bag and set aside.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil and peppercorns and add to bag. Seal bag and toss to coat vegetables.
- Place the sauce in a nonreactive saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Preheat the grill pan over medium-high heat and spray or brush with vegetable or olive oil. Place one variety of vegetables at a time in a single layer in the grill pan. (The eggplant may absorb more of the marinade than the other vegetables so you may have to spray it occasionally with more oil as it cooks). Cook 2 to 3 minutes, turn and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add another layer of another type vegetable and cook; repeat until all the vegetables are cooked through.
- Place the cooked pasta on a large platter. Ladle the sauce over the pasta and arrange the vegetables over the top. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 830
- Fat 24g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 1524mg
- Carbohydrate 119g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugars 11g
- Protein 25g