Grilled Salmon with Avocado Tarragon Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1-- ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/3cup low-fat Greek-style or plain yogurt
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves (about 1 sprig fresh tarragon)
- 1small garlic clove
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- -- Freshly ground pepper
- 4-- (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon honey
- Place the avocado, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon, garlic, salt and a few turns of pepper in a food processor and process very well until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine the olive oil and honey and brush on both sides of the salmon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the salmon on the prepared grill and cook until easily flaked with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Top with a dollop of avocado sauce.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 420
- Fat 24g
- Sodium 310mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 39g