- Yield: 4 to 8 servings
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3tablespoons amaretto or other almond liqueur
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1/4teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4large peaches
- 1pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Combine the butter, liqueur, sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat just until the mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Cut the peaches into halves and remove the pits. Brush the surface of the peaches with the butter glaze.
- Grill over direct heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until brown in spots and heated through, turning and brushing with the glaze every 2 to 3 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Dallas, Dallas Dish (Junior League of Dallas, 2005)