- Yield: 12 to 15 servings
- 1cup olive oil or vegetable oil, or 1/2 cup of each
- -- Juice of 1 small lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 4-- zucchini, julienned
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1bunch broccoli, cut into florets, cooked tender-crisp
- 2bunches asparagus, trimmed, cooked tender-crisp
- 1pint brussels sprouts, cut into halves, steamed
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine 1 cup olive oil, the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well. Saute the zucchini in 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet just until tender-crisp. Arrange the zucchini, broccoli, asparagus and brussels sprouts on a platter in a pattern that resembles the spokes of a wheel. Drizzle the warm vegetables with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Chill, covered, overnight. Serve with the remaining vinaigrette on the side in a small cruet with a top. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh basil, rosemary and tarragon.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Betty Sim’s Southern Scrumptious Entertains (Scrumptious, Inc., Decatur, Alabama, 2002).