Green Salad with Grilled Apples
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup canola oil
- 3tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3tablespoons apple juice
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1large crunchy apple, unpeeled, such as Braeburn, Fuji or Gala
- 3tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 4cups chopped romaine
- 1/2cup walnut or pecan halves
- 1/4cup crumbled blue cheese or feta
- Grapes or clementine sections, optional
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar. Place lid on jar and shake well.
- Slice apples into quarters, cut out core and stems, and then cut quarters into halves again. Toss with melted butter. Sprinkle lightly with salt, and toss.
- Grill apples over a hot fire (direct heat), about 3 minutes per side, until they have golden grill marks. Don’t let them blacken. Remove from grill and let cool. (Apples can remain at room temperature up to 1 hour.)
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Top with nuts and cheese. Shake dressing well, and drizzle over salad. Top with warm apples and garnish with grapes or clementines, if using.
Check out more from Meathead Goldwyn.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 376
- Fat 34g
- Cholesterol 29mg
- Sodium 402mg
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 4.5g