Vampiro Tequila Cocktail
This traditional Mexican drink incorporates a riff on the classic sangrita, but instead of the tequila and mix served side by side, it’s blended together and topped off with grapefruit soda.
- 1 1/2 parts Tres Agaves Tequila Reposado
- 5 parts Sangrita (see below)
- 1/2 parts Lime juice
- Balance with grapefruit soda (squirt or Jarritos)
- For the Sangrita
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 4 limes
- Juice of 2 grapefruits
- Pinch of salt
- A touch of ground black pepper
- Hot sauce
- For the sangrita: Blend all sangrita ingredients.
- Build the drink in the glass by first putting the tequila in the glass, then add the sangrita mixture, and top off with grapefruit soda. Stir ingredients together in highball glass, and garnish with grapefruit wheel.
This recipe from Honest Cooking was republished with permission.