Fudge Pudding Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1/4cup pecan halves
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3cup splenda no-calorie sweetener
- 1/4cup plus 3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup nonfat milk
- 1large egg, lightly beaten
- 2tablespoons canola oil
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4cup firmly packed splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 1/3cups hot, strong coffee
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Place the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring once, until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Pour into a bowl to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Splenda, the ¼ cup of cocoa, the baking powder, and salt and stir with a whisk to blend. In a glass measuring cup, combine the milk, egg, canola oil, and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and gradually stir in the milk mixture until combined. Stir in the pecans.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Dissolve the brown sugar blend in the coffee and spoon it over the batter.
- Bake until the cake is almost set, 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Dust with the remaining 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Serve hot or warm.
From The Kitchen Diva’s Diabetic Cookbook by Angela Shelf Medearis/Andrews McMeel Publishing
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 159
- Fat 5