Frittata with Chard and Whole-Wheat Spaghetti
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- 1pound Swiss chard, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1/3cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 3tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2cups cooked whole-wheat spaghetti (4 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1cup shredded Provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Rinse chard and place in a large pot with water clinging to leaves. Cover and cook over medium heat until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess water.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine eggs, milk, Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir in spaghetti and chard
- Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet. Add egg mixture; cover and cook over low heat until top is almost set, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Sprinkle frittata with provolone cheese and broil 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Glycemic Load 0
- Calories 350
- Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 171mg
- Sodium 667mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 23g