Five-a-Day Vegetables with Parmesan
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
"In the summer, I like to use all the vegetables from our garden. I especially like to use fresh green onions. I dice them and use the tops to make this dish colorful."
- 4cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1small onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1medium carrot, grated
- 1tablespoon water
- 2tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1cup diced tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine zucchini, onion, bell pepper, carrot, water, butter, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a large skillet. Cover and cook 1 minute. Uncover and cook, turning with wide spatula, until vegetables are barely tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Toss and cook another minute.
Mary H. Hammann, Waggoner, Ill.