- 2pounds cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2cloves garlic, slightly smashed but still intact
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and salt in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally and pressing tomatoes with a wooden spoon, until tomatoes break down and sauce thickens, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Discard garlic.
- Taste for seasoning and add sugar if desired. Let cool completely. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 15
- Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 60mg
- Carbohydrate 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 0mg