One-Pan Cheeseburger Quinoa Skillet
- Yield: 6 servings
Gluten-free and packed with protein, magnesium and iron, quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) is the seed of a plant in the spinach family. It has an earthy and mildly sweet taste and can be used in place of rice in most recipes.
- 1pound 93 percent ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1cup diced onion
- 1teaspoon seasoning salt (like Lawry’s)
- 1 1/2cups low-sodium spicy vegetable juice (like V8)
- 1 1/2cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2cups quinoa, uncooked
- 1can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4cup dill hamburger pickles, roughly chopped
- Place meat and onions in a large deep skillet. Add seasoning salt and cook over medium-high heat until meat is browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove meat mixture from pan and set aside.
- Add juice, broth and quinoa to skillet. Cover and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return meat to pan and add diced tomatoes. Cover and cook until water is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Top with cheese and pickles, cover and cook until the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 440
- Fat 15g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Sodium 760mg
- Carbohydrate 45g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 31g