Cute Cake Spiders
- Yield: servings
- Donsuemor Cute Cakes
- Powdered sugar
- Pretzel sticks
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Small tube of black icing
- Heat a bowl of 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir the chocolate until it’s well mixed and melted.
- Snap tips off the pretzels so they’ll poke into cupcakes easily. Coat the pretzels in the chocolate.
- Lay the chocolate covered pretzels on a baking sheet covered in wax paper. Stick them in the freezer for about 5 minutes to quickly dry them.
- Mix 1 cup of powdered sugar with 2 tbsp. water. This is going to be “glue.”
- Dab 2 spots of “glue” onto each cupcake where the spiders’ faces will be.
- Stick one chocolate chip onto each spot of glue to make the eyes. Stick the pretzel legs into the cupcakes. Everyone knows spiders have 8 legs but 6 legs fit much better around a cupcake. Don’t worry. They’ll be just as cute & just as delicious! Note: Don’t stick the pretzels in too far or the cupcakes will split in the center.
- Draw little mouths on the spiders with the black icing if it suits your fancy.
- Eat them up… if you don’t think they’re too adorable for eating!
—Recipe by Celena Janton, The Traveling Sisterhood