Custard-Filled Donsuemor Cute Cakes
- Yield: servings
Cut Donsuemor cute cakes in two, hollow out the top half and fill with the following homemade custard. Once filled, put the pieces back together and allow to set in fridge. Cover with melted chocolate for truly decadent morsels.
- 1/2cup sugar
- 5tablespoons flour
- -- pinch of salt
- 2cups milk
- 2-- egg yolks
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- Put sugar, flour and salt in a small saucepan.
- Slowly add milk and stir until smooth, bringing to a boil. (Make sure you stir constantly)
- Once at boiling point, boil for 60 seconds
- Pour a small amount of the liquid into the two egg yolks and stir.
- Return yolks and liquid to the pan and stir.
- When the mixture starts bubbling, remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Place in refrigerator until firm.
—Recipe by Paula Kruege, Frosted Fingers