Crawfish Pumpkin Soup
- Yield: 8 servings
The crawfish may be omitted for an easy pumpkin soup.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2cup skim milk or fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (16-ounce) bag crawfish tails, drained and rinsed
- 1dash nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4cup chopped green onions
- Sauté onion over medium heat in a large nonstick pot for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and broth, then bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine milk, crawfish, and nutmeg and add to mixture. Season soup to taste.
- Cook over low heat for an additional 10 minutes. Garnish with green onions.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Cookbooks. For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 88
- Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 78mg
- Sodium 259mg
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 13g