Corn Bread Muffins
- Yield: 18 pieces
- 1cup each yellow corn meal and flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon each baking soda and sugar
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2-- egg whites
- 1 1/4cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl; mix well. Make a well in center of the mixture. Combine the egg whites, yogurt and oil in a bowl. Add to the dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Spray muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Fill with batter 3/4s full.
- Bake at 425F for 12 to 14 minutes or until the muffins test done.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Knoxville’s Dining in the Smoky Mountain Mist (The Junior League of Knoxville, TN., 1995).