Corn and Green Bean Salad with Black Olives
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1/2small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can California Black Ripe Olives, drained
- 1/3cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Tabasco, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Fill another large pot or bowl half full with ice water and place next to the stove. Add half the green beans to the water and cook until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer beans with a slotted spoon to the ice water to cool. Repeat with the remaining beans.
- Transfer all the cooked and cooled green beans to another large bowl with a slotted spoon, reserving the ice water. Return the water to a boil. Add the corn and cook until tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the ice water to cool. Remove from the water and cut the kernels off the cobs.
- Add the corn kernels to the bowl with the beans along with the remaining ingredients; toss well to combine.
Recipe courtesy of California Olive Committee