Colorful Kale Caesar Salad with Poached Egg
- 1 large bunch of kale, washed, stemmed & torn
- a pinch of flaky sea salt
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1tablespoon hempseeds
- 4-5 radishes, thinly sliced
- a good handful of microgreens
- Raw Almond Caesar Dressing (Vegan, dairy-free)
- 1/2 - 2/3cup almonds, soaked 4-6 hours
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 small lemons, juice + zest
- 2tablespoons capers
- 1tablespoon caper brine (or olive juice brine)
- 1/4 - 1/3cup olive oil
- freshly cracked pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, massage the juice of one lemon into kale. Sprinkle with sea salt and set aside.
- To make the almond dressing, soak almonds, rinse and drain well. Add to high-speed blender or food processor with the garlic, mustard, lemon juice and zest, capers and caper brine. Blend ingredients well, then stream in olive oil until desired texture. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Mix kale together with sliced radish, avocado and microgreens and hempseeds. Toss in desired amount of dressing (it’s on the thicker side, so use your hands to massage it in).
- To poach eggs fill a large saucepan with water and a good splash of white vinegar. Over high heat, let the temperature rise until you begin to see tiny bubbles around the rim. Plop in eggs one at a time. Let the eggs sit for about 30 seconds, then slowly stir making sure the egg white wraps around the yolk. If your egg gets stuck on the bottom of the pan, don’t fret, use a silicon spatula to carefully remove it. Let cook until egg whites just begin to firm (or set).
This recipe from Honest Cooking was posted with permission and originally appeared as Raw Kale Caesar with Beet Microgreens, Avocado & Poached Egg on Sassy Kitchen.