Coconut Crumble Sweet Potatoes
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
"This is a great side dish to serve with ham. It's quick and easy, and my family likes the way it gives extra flavor to the already nutritious sweet potatoes I like to serve."
- 2 eggs
- 3cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes, or one 40-ounce can sweet potatoes, rinsed, drained, and mashed
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1/4cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1cup flaked coconut
- 1cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch-square baking dish.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl; beat well. Add the sweet potatoes, granulated sugar, condensed milk, 1/3 cup of the butter, and the vanilla; mix well. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Combine the coconut, brown sugar, flour, and remaining 1/3 cup butter in a medium bowl. Stir with a fork until well blended. Sprinkle evenly over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Kathleen Kechnie, Weatherford, Texas