- Yield: 16 servings
- 1cup graham cracker crumbs (for crust)
- 2tablespoons butter, melted (for crust)
- 1/2tablespoon stevia (for crust)
- 1tablespoon sugar (for crust)
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon (for crust)
- 1pound low-fat cottage cheese, drained for 10 hours (for filling)
- 1pound Greek plain nonfat yogurt (for filling)
- 1pound fat-free cream cheese (for filling)
- 1/4cup stevia, plus 2 tablespoons (for filling)
- 1/4cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons (for filling)
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract (for filling)
- 1/4teaspoon salt (for filling)
- 3whole eggs (for filling)
- 1cup sliced strawberries for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325. Position an oven rack to the middle of the oven.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, 1/2 tablespoon, stevia, 1 tablespoon sugar, and cinnamon. press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. bake the crust for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a rack to cool.
- Increase the oven temp to 500. Add the cottage cheese to a food processor and process until very smooth. Add the yogurt and cream cheese and process for another 1-2 minutes until smooth. Add in teh stevia, sugar, vanilla, and salt and process until smooth. With the processor running, add the eggs, one at a time and process until incorporated.
- Add the batter to the prepared crust. Bake the cheesecake for about 8 minutes. Lower the temp to 200 and bake until the cheesecake is set, about 1 hour.Transfer the cake to a wire rack. Run a pairing knife around the edge of the cake to loosen it. Cool completely at room temperature, about 2-3 hours. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours overnight.
- Remove the sides of the pan and let the cheesecake come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Decorate the top with sliced strawberries. Slice and serve.
Used with permission from the American Diabetes Association. Taken from The Daibetes Comfort Food Cookbook by Robyn Webb, MS.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 135
- Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 400mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 11g