- Yield: 32 pieces
- 1cup almonds
- 1/4cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2cup heavy cream
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8teaspoon ground coriander
- 8ounces bittersweet chocolate (70% cocoa), finely chopped
- 2tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Put the almonds and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and finely chop.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream, cinnamon, cloves, and coriander to a boil. Add the chocolate and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the almond–pumpkin seed mix. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate, uncovered, until the mixture is firm, about 1 hour.
- Spoon mounds (1 heaping teaspoonful each) of chocolate mixture onto the lined baking sheet. Return to the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Roll the mounds into even smooth balls. Put the cocoa powder on a plate. Roll the balls in cocoa, and transfer the truffles to a small tray. Chill until set, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Eat Complete © 2016 by Drew Ramsey, Harper Wave
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 146
- Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 3mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 3g