- Yield: 4 dozens
- 3ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks
- 2/3cup powdered sugar
- 3tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 200F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Sift together powdered sugar and cocoa in a medium bowl.
- Place egg whites, lemon juice and salt in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a whisk and beat until foamy. With mixer running, add granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold powdered sugar mixture and chocolate into egg whites until well combined.
- Spoon batter into a disposable pastry bag fitted with a large star tip; pipe 1 tablespoon portions of batter on prepared cookie sheets, spacing 1-inch apart. (Or use a spoon to mound batter on pans.)
- Bake 1 hour. Turn oven off and leave in oven at least 1 hour.
- Store in an airtight container up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Reprinted with permission for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer All the Good Cookies cookbook.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 25
- Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 16mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 0.5g