Chocolate Cherry Cookie Bites
- Yield: 2 dozens
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Cooking spray, for coating the baking pan
- 1 2/3cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3cup shredded coconut
- 2/3cup chopped walnuts
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 6ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Big pinch kosher salt
- Confectioners' sugar, for rolling
- 1 1/2teaspoons cherry extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the graham crackers, coconut, walnuts, condensed milk, chocolate chips, cherry extract, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press to the edges.
- Bake until the chocolate melts and the top is golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir the hot mixture in the pan until the chocolate is incorporated throughout. Press back out to the edges and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Spread the confectioners’ sugar on a dinner plate. Scoop out the cookie mixture by the tablespoon and shape into balls. While still warm, roll each ball in the sugar to coat. The cookie bites will keep, tightly covered, for 2 days.
This recipe from Valerie Bertinelli for Beringer Main & Vine was republished with permission.