Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 1/2cup unsweetened almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 2tablespoons coconut butter or extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3-4tablespoons coconut palm syrup or other sweetener
- 4tablespoons raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste, and add sweetener or more cacao if desired.
With an ice cream maker:
Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and prepare the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve straight away or transfer to a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze until ready to be served. Let the ice cream thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Without an ice cream maker:
Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe bowl and freeze for about three hours, mixing well every 30 minutes. After three hours, scoop into bowls, serve and enjoy!
Recipe reprinted with permission from N’Ice Cream © 2016 by Virpi Mikkonen and Tuulia Talvio, Kyle Books.