Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon paprika
- 1teaspoon chipolte pepper sauce
- pinch salt
- pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1pound chicken tenders
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar and limeade concentrate in a large bowl and mix well.
- Whisk in the chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chipolte pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken tenders. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours.
- Preheat the grill. Thread the chicken onto skewers and place on a grill rack.
- Grill over medium-high coals for 10 mintues or until the juices run clear.
- Place a lime wedge on the end of each skewer before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Leage of Lafayette, Inc., Something to Talk About, Occasions We Celebrate in South Louisiana (the Junior League of Lafayette, Inc., 2005)