Chicken with Peaches Stir Fry
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 2tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 1/2pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1clove garlic, finely minced
- 1can sliced peaches, liquid included (8 ounces)
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2cup chicken broth
- 2teaspoons cornstarch
- 1tablespoon water
- 12ounces snow peas
- hot cooked rice
- Heat a wok or wok frying pan over medium-high to high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken, salt, and five-spice powder, and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn often, browning on all sides. Remove from wok and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the wok and heat. Then add the garlic and stir-fry until just brown.
- Add the peaches and sugar, stirring until the sugar is melted and peaches are warm, then add the lemon juice and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water, blend thoroughly, then add to the wok and stir in immediately.
- Add the snowpeas, cover, and steam for 30 seconds. Return the chicken to the wok and stir in.
- Cover and steam until chicken is reheated, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over hot rice.