Chicken Strips in Croissants
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- broiler-fryer boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut in thin strips
- 1/2cup bottled fat-free red wine vinegar salad dressing
- 1/4cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1clove clove garlic, minced
- 1cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4large croissants, split, warmed
- In small saucepan, place salad dressing, soy sauce and garlic; bring to a boil over high temperature. Add chicken and let sit 10 minutes. Then pour off all sauce and return it to small saucepan; boil about 4 minutes. Place 10-inch heavy frypan over medium high temperature and heat about 2 minutes; spray with vegetable cooking spray. Add chicken strips in single layer; cook 2 minutes without stirring. Turn chicken and cook 4 minutes more, stirring occasionally. To assemble sandwiches, place 1/4 of the strips in each croissant; spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over chicken and top with 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts.
Note: To serve as hors d'oeuvres, use mini-croissants. Chicken strips are also delicious added to salad.