Chicken and Fresh Corn Enchilada Bake
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1cup roasted green chiles or 3 (4-ounce) cans green chiles
- 1/2cup fresh cilantro
- 3 large green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lime squeezed
- 1/2cup heavy cream or cream cheese
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2cups pulled chicken meat
- 1cup fresh corn kernels
- 4ounces shredded Mexican cheese, such as queso or Monterey Jack
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine chiles, cilantro, green onions, garlic and lime juice in food processor and puree until almost smooth. Place in a skillet and heat until warmed.
- Add cream (or cream cheese) and whisk until smooth. Place a small amount of sauce in bottom of 9×13 pan or shallow gratin dish.
- Layer tortillas, chicken, cheese, sauce and corn, ending with sauce and cheese. Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and salsa or fresh tomatoes, and rice.
Recipe by Jill Melton