Photo by Mark Boughton Photography / styling by Teresa Blackburn
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 2cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 2teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2cups shredded jalapeno cheddar cheese
- 2 (12-oz) bags frozen broccoli and cauliflower blend
- 1/2cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Add 1 1/4 cups cheese, a little at a time, stirring after each addition until melted. Remove from heat.
- Arrange broccoli and cauliflower blend in an 8-inch square casserole dish. Pour sauce over top. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browned on top. Sprinkle with green onions.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 410
- Fat 21g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 570mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 8g
- Protein 26g