- 1 refrigerated piecrust
- 1tablespoon Dijon country-style (course-grain) mustard
- 2tablespoons butter, divided
- 2medium onions, sliced lengthwise
- Sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4ounces chanterelle mushrooms, sliced lengthwise
- 2large eggs
- 1cup half-and-half
- 1cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll out piecrust to fit in a 12-inch tart pan. Place in pan and press into the sides. Coat surface with mustard. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool.
- To prepare filling, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté 15 minutes. Add salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Scrape into a small bowl.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add mushrooms and cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine eggs and half-and-half and beat until well blended.
- Sprinkle about half the cheese on the bottom of tart shell. Spoon in onions. Pour in egg mixture. Place mushrooms all over the top, along with remaining cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until tart is golden brown and filling is set. Serve warm or room temperature.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 202
- Fat 15
- Cholesterol 75mg
- Sodium 370mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 6g