Caramel Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies
- Yield: 3 dozens
- 3cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4teaspoon fine salt
- 1cup light brown sugar
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2large eggs
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4cup dark chocolate chips
- 1cup caramel bits or chopped unwrapped caramel candies
- About 1 ½ teaspoons flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F with racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt together in a bowl.
- Beat the sugars and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and caramel bits.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons out onto the cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches of space between cookies (you will have cookie dough left over). Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake the cookies, rotating the position of the trays halfway through, until golden brown, about 13 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool. Cool the baking sheets and repeat with the remaining cookie dough.
This recipe from Valerie Bertinelli for Beringer Main & Vine was republished with permission.