Bruschetta with Tomato and Arugula
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2ounces arugula, roughly chopped
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 12small slices rustic artisan bread
- 2teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- To prepare topping, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- To prepare bread, toast or grill bread until light golden. Combine olive oil and garlic. Brush on toasted bread. Top bread with tomato mixture. Serves 6.
Recipe courtesy of Seeds from Italy.