Pumpkin-Cranberry Breakfast Cookies
- Yield: 2 dozens
- Cook: 12-13 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1/4cup canola oil
- 1/3cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3cup pumpkin puree (like Libby's)
- 1cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2cup dried cranberries (like Craisins)
- 1/3cup chopped walnuts
1. Combine flour, baking soda, ginger and salt in a bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, oil and syrup in a mixing bowl until creamy. Add egg, vanilla and pumpkin. Beat until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat 30 seconds.
3. Fold in oats, dried cranberries and walnuts. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with waxed paper.
5. Scoop dough by heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 to 13 minutes, until light golden. Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
TIP: Make a batch of these on the weekend and store in the freezer!
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 90
- Fat 4.5g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 85mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 2g