Brazilian Shrimp Rolls
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 8 minutes
- 1pound shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 2teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/3cup mayonnaise
- 2teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2teaspoon grated orange zest
- 5tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1can (6 oz.) pitted California Black Ripe Olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/3cup diced sweet onion
- 1cup chopped fire roasted red peppers (from a jar), patted dry to remove any excess liquid
- 2small garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- 2teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
- 3tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 6pieces good quality hot dog rolls, preferably split top
In medium bowl, toss shrimp with salt, smoked paprika, and black pepper. Cover; refrigerate until ready to cook.
In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, orange juice, and orange zest until well combined. Cover; set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add black olives, sweet onions, and red peppers. Cook, stirring, 3-5 minutes, until onions are tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the same skillet. Add garlic, shrimp, and if desired hot sauce. Cook, stirring, 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Add shrimp and cilantro to the black olive mixture; stir to mix ingredients.
Brush remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over both sides of rolls. Toast under an oven broiler, about 1 minute per side.
Spread insides of rolls with orange mayonnaise. Spoon the shrimp mixture into the rolls. Serve immediately.