- Yield: 6 to 7 servings
- 1/4cup unsalted margarine or butter
- 3/4cup sugar
- 1large egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup non-dairy creamer or milk
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1pint blueberries
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/3cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4cup margarine or butter, softened
- -- Non-dairy whipped topping or whipped heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease an 8-inch springform pan.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with the four mixture.
- Combine 1 tablespoon flour with blueberries (to keep them from sinking to the bottom) and fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly; sprinkle on batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Run a knife along the edge of pan and remove sides. Serve with whipped cream.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy/Kushner Yeshiva High School’s The Kosher Palette (Livingston, New Jersey 2000).