Mark Boughton Photography / styling: Teresa Blackburn
- 4cups frozen cherries, thawed
- 2cups sugar, divided
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1cup self-rising flour
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/3cup cocoa
- 1cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine cherries and 1 cup of sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves, cherries released their juices, and liquid thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- Pour melted butter into 8 (6-ounce) ramekins or a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine remaining sugar, flour, salt and cocoa. Stir in milk until well combined. Do not overbeat. Pour over butter. Do not stir. Spoon cherries and juice over batter. Do not stir.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes for ramekins or 35 minutes for baking dish, until crust rises to the top and browns.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 340
- Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 290mg
- Carbohydrate 63g
- Protein 4g