Black Bean Mole Coconut Burger
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1can refried black beans
- 1-- egg
- 3tablespoons chia + ground flax mixed
- 3tablespoons rolled oats
- 3tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 1tablespoon coconut
- 1tablespoon cocoa powder
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Form into 6-8 patties, depending on the size you’d like. They will be STICKY!
- Dip in a shallow bowl filled with rolled oats and more coconut.
- Pan-sear in a medium skillet with a drizzle of oil until patties begin to brown.
Recipe courtesy of Kath Younger, RD, who writes the popular healthy food blog Kath Eats Real Food, a celebration of life through the lens of food. Kath writes about everything from recipes to organization tips to encouraging readers to try new “real” foods. Having lost over 30 pounds after graduating from college, Kath is a Registered Dietitian and owns a Great Harvest Bread Company with her husband in Charlottesville, VA.