Beef Sliders Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Walnuts
- Yield: 16 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 4slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2cups button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1pound ground beef, 10% fat
- 4ounces gorgonzola (or blue cheese), divided into 16 portions
- 32 California walnut halves
- 16 dinner rolls, small (or 2, 24-inch baguettes, each sliced into 8 equal portions, then sliced horizontally)
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and sauté bacon until just cooked but not crisp.
- Add shallots and cook until translucent. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until water evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and let cool. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and egg to mixture. Add beef and gently mix by hand until all ingredients are incorporated, without over mixing.
- Divide mixture into 16 equal portions. Form into thick patties, about 1 1/2 inches thick and 2 1/2 inches in diameter, tucking a piece of cheese and 2 walnut halves into the center of each patty.
- Grill patties on medium-high heat until cooked to preferred doneness. Serve in small dinner rolls or between baguette slices with desired condiments.
This recipe was republished with permission from the California Walnut Board. It originally appeared as Beef Sliders Stuffed with Walnuts and Gorgonzola.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 270
- Fat 12g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 45mg
- Sodium 510mg
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 15g