BBQ Chicken Pizza with Spiced Walnuts
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pizza crust, prepared (about 12 inches across), or 1 bag (about 16 ounces) ready-to-bake pizza dough
- 1/2cup barbecue sauce
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1cup diced and cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2cups mozzarella (or Cheddar) cheese, grated, or a combination of both
- 3/4cup Fiery Hot Cheddar Walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450º F. Smear the olive oil on a 12-inch round pizza pan or a large baking sheet. If you are using a prepared pizza crust, place it on the pan. If you are using ready-to-bake raw dough, on a floured surface, roll, pat and stretch the dough into a 12-inch circle. Place it on the prepared pan.
- Spread the crust or dough with the barbecue sauce. Arrange the tomato slices in a single layer over the sauce–it’s okay if they don’t cover the sauce completely. Distribute the chicken over the tomatoes, then sprinkle with half the cheese. Scatter the walnuts on top, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling around the edges. Cool for 2–3 minutes, then cut into 8 wedges.
This recipe was republished with permission from the California Walnut Board. It originally appeared as Barbecued Chicken and Fiery Walnut Pizza.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 310
- Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 500mg
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 16g