Barbecue Pork Sandwich with Crispy Slaw
- Yield: 8 servings
Use your favorite barbecue and sauce for this recipe.
- 4cups shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1cup shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/3cup light mayonnaise
- 2teaspoons teaspoons canola oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3/4teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 soft buns or hoagie rolls
- 1 3/4pounds pounds shredded or pulled barbecued pork with sauce
- Place cabbage, carrots, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, mayonnaise, oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper; whisk well to combine. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss well.
- Split buns horizontally. Spoon pork and sauce over bun bottoms. Top with slaw. Place bun tops on top.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 740
- Fat 22g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 2,290
- Carbohydrate 100g
- Fiber 7g
- Protein 34g