Balsamic Grilled Steak Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
This main dish salad is loaded with flavor. Grilled lean steak, grilled vegetables and edamame give this dish a healthy spin.
- 1/2cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2-pound) London broil
- 2medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1large red onion, cut into thick rounds
- 4cups baby spinach or mixed greens
- 1large red bell pepper, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1/2cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- Shaved Parmesan (optional)
- For the marinade, combine vinegar, soy sauce, thyme and pepper in a medium bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour remaining marinade over steak. Seal bag; refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (375F). Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grill. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place tomatoes and onion on grill. Grill 2 minutes per side or until lightly charred. Remove and set aside. Cut steak diagonally against the grain into thin strips.
- On a large platter combine spinach, grilled tomato and onion, bell pepper and edamame. Top with steak slices, drizzle with reserved marinade, sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired, and serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 413
- Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 125mg
- Sodium 613mg
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 57g