Baked Ziti Pasta
- Yield: servings
- 12ounces ziti pasta, cooked
- 12ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1pound Italian sausage, cooked
- 1/2pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Ricotta cheese mixture:
- 15ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2teaspoon each dried basil, dried oregano, parsley flakes, ground pepper
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13 by 9 inch baking dish with olive oil. Combine ricotta cheese mixture ingredients together in a bowl. Layer sauce, pasta, Italian sausage, ricotta cheese mixture ingredients together in a bowl. Layer sauce, pasta, Italian sausage, ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes. Sere with bread sticks and salad. Serves 5 to 7.
Tips from Our Test Kitchen: Fresh herbs and fresh garlic are good in the dish when available.
—Carrie Lee, Tahlequah, Oklahoma