Baked Halibut with Spinach and Leeks
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- 1tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, divided
- 10ounces baby spinach
- 2medium leeks (white and light-green parts only), cut into halves lengthwise, rinsed and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4cup dry white wine
- 1/4cup heavy cream
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1pinch nutmeg
- 2tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) skinless halibut (or cod) fillets
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 teaspoon butter. Add spinach in two batches, and cook, tossing, until just wilted, about 2 minutes per batch. Transfer to a colander, let cool, then squeeze to release excess liquid.
- Pour off any liquid in skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and leeks. Cook until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Add wine, increase heat to medium high, and cook until wine is almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add cream and simmer until just slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in Parmesan, and gently fold in spinach. Keep warm.
- Arrange halibut on a parchment-lined baking sheet, brush with oil, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake 10 minutes, or until just cooked through. Divide spinach mixture among serving plates and top with halibut.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 350
- Fat 15g
- Cholesterol 120mg
- Sodium 560mg
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 36g