Baked Broccoli and Cauliflower Tots
- Yield: 4 servings
The trick to getting that classic tot shape is to first roll each spoonful of the uncooked mixture into a ball, then press into the cylindrical shape.
- 1 (12-oz) bag frozen broccoli and cauliflower blend
- 1 egg
- 1/4cup diced yellow onion
- 1/3cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3cup dry Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Steam vegetables according to package directions. Chop finely, using a potato masher or pulsing in a food processor. In a bowl, mix vegetables with egg, onion, cheese, panko, Italian breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, make tots using 1 Tbsp mixture for each. Place on prepared pan. Bake 18 to 24 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown and crispy.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 220
- Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 860mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 12g